VA EMISSIONS CHECK
Is it time for your inspection? Virginia requires motorists in certain high traffic cities and counties to undergo an emissions inspection every two years. If the combustion chamber is not burning fuel sufficiently, your engine is not operating efficiently and more soot (black smoke) will be released from your tail pipe. This smoke is hazardous to your health and affects the ozone layer.
The maximum inspection fee is $28. If the vehicle fails the inspection, the vehicle is eligible for ONE free retest at the original emissions inspection station within 14 calendar days of the Initial inspection.
A-One Auto is a certified emissions inspection center in Arlington, VA.
We’re located near the Pentagon and next to the Sheraton Hotel.
Schedule your service today, or drop by during our designated hours.
Most vehicles that are registered or operated primarily in the program area are subject to the vehicle emissions inspection program.
The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles notifies vehicle owners whether or not an emissions inspection will be required in order to renew the vehicle’s registration.
Vehicle Emissions Inspection FAQ
If you can’t find the answer to your emissions inspection question here, call the Air Check Virginia staff during normal business hours. For information about vehicle registration, please call the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles at 804-497-7100 or visit their website.
- Does my vehicle need an emissions inspection?
- I did not receive my renewal notice. How can I find out if I need an emissions inspection to renew my tags?
- Which vehicles require an emissions inspection?
- Does my hybrid vehicle need an emissions inspection?
- How far in advance can I have the emissions inspection done on my car?
- What type of inspection is performed?
- What’s this about an “OBD II” inspection?
- Can my vehicle be tested safely?
- How much does the inspection cost?
- Do I need to take anything to the inspection station?
- Where can I get my vehicle inspected?
- My vehicle has passed the inspection, now what?
- What should I do if my vehicle fails the inspection?
- My tags will expire before I can get my vehicle fixed. What can I do?s